Derelict historical building with many period features. Currently all properties in different stages of renovation.
The grand portico entrance with yorkstone paving and cast-iron railings, opens into a paneled hallway with a spectacular staircase to the first floor and original wc. Interior original features include sash windows, shutters and fireplaces in all rooms and full paneling in the first-floor double reception room. The ground floor double reception room faces south onto the High Street with high ceilings and cornices. Down short stairs to a little chapel of worship just off the panelled room, with stained glass window and cupola. On the lower ground floor, the old kitchen and scullery maintain their original ranges, stone sink and panelling. Steps lead down to the small, vaulted brick wine cellar with shelves from the paved hallway. The rear stairs lead up to the second floor where there are 2 fully paneled sitting rooms and a large, light open space, with views over the riverand the traditional tiled roofs.
For EXTs around this listing, please view location: 1898